This privacy notice relates to the personal data processed by the Office of Chris Philp, Member of Parliament for Croydon South, in relation to Caseworker and policy queries.
Who is the Data Controller?
The Data Controller is Chris Philp MP, Member of Parliament for Croydon South.
What does the office do?
The office discharges the duties and functions of an elected Member of Parliament. As part of this work, we conduct constituency casework and respond to policy queries, for which we must process personal data of our constituents. We also manage a non-political mailing list for the purpose of sending Chris’ e-newsletter and information regarding his duties as the Member of Parliament.
How do we process data?
This office processes constituent’s data under the lawful basis of public task. In instances where this lawful basis is not sufficient and explicit consent is required, a member of the office will contact you to establish your consent.
We are committed to ensuring that the information we collect and use is appropriate for this purpose, and does not constitute and invasion of your privacy.
Will we share your data with anyone else?
If you have contacted Chris about a personal or policy issue, we may pass your personal data on to a third-party in the course of dealing with you, such as local authorities, government agencies and departments, public bodies, health trusts, regulators etc. Any third parties that we may share your data with are obliged to keep your details securely, and to use them only for the basis upon which they were originally intended. When they no longer need your data to fulfil this service, they will dispose of the details in line with our procedures.
We will not share the personal information of members of Chris Philp MP’s mailing list or those in receipt of the e-newsletter.
In any case, we will not use your personal data in a way that goes beyond your reasonable expectations in contacting us.
For how long will you keep my personal data?
Our office will hold your personal data for the duration of Chris Philp’s service as Member of Parliament for Croydon South.
Casework and policy queries are often revisited to provide the best service and representation for constituents, from whom we may continue to receive correspondence. Therefore, we feel it is reasonable for an elected representative to hold personal data for the duration of their service.
Following an election where Chris Philp MP is not re-elected, all personal data will be erased unless specific instructions are received from the constituent for their information to be passed on to the new Member of Parliament.
What rights do I have to my personal data?
At any point while we are in possession of or processing your personal data, you, the data subject, have the following rights:
· Right of access – you have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you.
· Right of rectification – you have a right to correct data that we hold about you that is incomplete or inaccurate.
· Right to be forgotten – in certain circumstances you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records.
· Right to restriction of processing – where certain conditions apply, you have the right to restrict the processing of your data.
· Right of portability – you have the right to have the data we hold about you transferred to another organisation.
· Right to object – you have the right to object to certain types of processing, such as direct marketing.
· Right to object to automated processing, including profiling – you also have the right to be object to the legal effects of automated processing or profiling.
· Right to judicial review – if our office refuses your requests under rights of access, we will provide you with a reason why. You have the right to complain.
How do I contact somebody about my privacy and data?
You can get in touch with our office by letter, email or telephone using the details below:
Chris Philp MP
House of Commons
Telephone: 0207 219 8026
Please note, we will ask for identification should you choose to exercise any of the above rights.