There is an application for a completely inappropriate development in South Croydon. You can read my official opposition to the application below. Please do share this so that as many people as possible are aware of the planning mess in our area.
Erection of two buildings comprising five new flats and a pair of semi-detached dwellings with associated car parking and landscaping.
1 The Ruffetts South Croydon CR2 7LS
I am writing to lodge an objection to the above planning application. My reasons are as follows:
- The proposal for the development of five new flats and a pair of semi-detached houses, would be a significant overdevelopment of this site due to its design, size, height, footprint, scale and massing
- It would be overbearing and out of character with properties in Croham Valley Road and The Ruffetts and would fail to integrate successfully within the immediate surroundings: as such it would be detrimental to the street-scene
- The proposal fails to respect the local development pattern, layout and siting and completely dominates the plot; neighbouring properties are generously spaced and respect the trees and green character of the area
- Concreting over the front garden of this corner plot for parking would be out of character and detrimental to the street scene
- Inadequate parking for residents and visitors
- Loss of privacy and visual intrusion to neighbouring homes
- Concreting over of garden space; the loss of natural vegetation and natural habitat: loss of mature trees and hedges on the site
- Lack of information about access, communal amenity and children’s play area and refuse arrangements