There is an application to demolish family homes in South Croydon and replace them with flats. You can read my official opposition to the application below. Please do share this using the button below so that as many people as possible are aware of the planning mess in our area.
Demolition of single-family dwellinghouse and erection of 3x 3-storey terraced houses, 2x 3-storey semi-detached houses and 2x 2-storey semi-detached houses containing 6x-3 bedroom and 1x 2-bedroom homes with associated access, car parking, cycle and refuse storage.
3 Kingswood Way South Croydon CR2 8QL
I am writing to lodge my objection to the above planning application. My reasons are as follows:
- The proposal for 7 new homes on this site would be a significant overdevelopment due to its size, scale, height, footprint, bulk and massing and would be detrimental to the street scene
- The design of the proposed houses is out of character with the traditional character design homes adjacent to the site and will be detrimental to the street-scene
- The proposal fails to respect the local development pattern, layout and siting and completely dominates the plot; neighbouring properties are generously spaced and respect the trees and green character of the area
- Detrimental impact on adjoining occupiers due to overlooking and loss of privacy
- It fails to respect the open green character of the location
- Inadequate parking provision for residents and visitors
- Concreting over of garden space; detrimental impact on mature trees; the loss of natural vegetation and natural habitat
- Impact on local infrastructure: eg schools, GPs, drainage