There is an application to demolish family homes in South Croydon and replace them with flats. You can read my official opposition to the application below. Please do share this using the button below so that as many people as possible are aware of the planning mess in our area.
Demolition of two family dwelling houses and erection of 8x semi-detached houses with associated access, car parking, cycle and refuse storage.
3 – 5 Harewood Gardens South Croydon CR2 9BU
I am writing to lodge my objection to the above planning application. My reasons are as follows:
- The proposal for 8 new three storey homes would be a significant overdevelopment of this back garden site due to its design, density, siting, footprint, bulk and massing
- There would be a detrimental impact on the amenities of adjoining occupiers, especially number 1 Harewood Gardens, due to the size and siting of the proposal: loss of privacy and overlooking
- The proposal fails to respect the development pattern and character of Harewood Gardens and would be unduly prominent
- Inadequate parking provision for residents and visitors
- Concreting over of garden space and the loss of natural vegetation and natural habitat
- Unacceptable loss of trees, mature hedges and vegetation and natural habitat
- Detrimental impact on flood risk upon other properties in the local area