There is an application to demolish a Purley family home to replace it with a block of flats. You can read my official opposition to the application below. Please do share this so that as many people as possible are aware of the planning mess in our area.
Demolition of existing house, erection of a building block to provide 9 new homes to include ancillary landscaping, car parking refuse storage and boundary treatment.
74 Higher Drive Purley CR8 2HF
I am writing to lodge my objection to the above planning application. My reasons are as follows:
- The proposal to demolish the current detached single family home and build a block of flats comprising 9 units would be a significant overdevelopment of this site due to its size, width, footprint, bulk and massing
- The proposed bulk and massing of the scheme would be detrimental to the amenities of the adjoining occupiers at number 74B, due to loss of light, outlook, overshadowing and visual intrusion; it would appear overly dominant to the property at 74B
- Concreting over of garden space; the loss of trees, natural vegetation and natural habitat
- Loss of trees would be detrimental to the visual amenity of the street scene
- Lack of consideration of any cumulative impact of this further flatted development on the character of Higher Drive
- Insufficient parking for residents and visitors in this low 1B PTAL location
- Concerns about drainage
- Insufficient quality amenity space
This is just one example of the planning madness that has been going on in our area. The Labour run Council, and its wholly owned subsidiary, Brick by Brick, have a policy of destroying family homes to build flats in the south of the borough. I will continue to oppose these applications. You can keep up to date with this and other issues at chrisphilp.com